Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Some Good, Some Bad...

The Good:

I took a copy of the CD to a radio station in Sandpoint, and they said that they would probably have the band in and start playing it the Sunday prior to the CD release party. I hope that I hear from them before that.

This was my Dad's idea. He's been listening to KPND while at work, and noticed that they have a local music radio show on Sundays. He suggested that I send it to them and see what happens. At first, I was like, yeah, but AFTER I get the professional CDs from the replicator. And that's when Dad said that he thought I should give it to them earlier so that they might be able to help me promote the CD release party. I thought THAT was an awesome idea, so, when I went shopping up at Sandpoint yesterday (on no sleep), I stopped by there and met with the station manager. Nice lady. Named Diane. Conversation didn't last too long, but I didn't expect that. I included a press kit booklet that I had printed that morning and an invitation to the CD release party with all the pertinent info included along with the CD. I also affixed a business card to the booklet, just in case.

The Bad:

The checker at Wal-Mart was a BITCH. She was snarky and rude and I gave her a bad review on Wal-Mart.com this morning.

I looked into the total costs to apply to law school. It's over $300. The application fee is $50. Some kind of required "verification service" is $121. The LSAT is $132 (but that's not until June, anyway). And then there's transcripts from the 6 colleges I've attended, totalling just over $40. Total? $343.82.

Anyway, so there's what's going on. I have to go work on my thesis now. I have about three weeks to get done, and then I can relax. I should mention that I actually got up about an hour ago; I'm not just still awake. LOL. Hopefully, I can stay on a day schedule now.

No comments: